Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Welcome!

Dear friends and yogis:

This is my inaugural post to my yoga blog.  Why a yoga blog?  Indeed, a fine question.  A yoga blog because I adore yoga--teaching it, practicing it and talking about it.  I have wanted to share my thoughts on yoga and the practice for sometime and think that this is the best format for me to do so.  As many of the people in my life may know, I am not a Facebook fan and while that format is useful for many, I didn't want to deluge folks with my yoga musings.  Instead, if interested, visit my blog. 

To that end, if you are reading this, it's Wednesday and tonight's class is at Yoga Madre in Arcadia--7:30pm.  It's an all levels class so we will explore more ambitious poses, although all are always welcome.  Safety in class is always a priority so that no one gets hurt. 

On the heels of Thanksgiving, we shall focus on gratitude and taking the time to reflect on the abundance present in our lives.  We will remind ourselves that most likely we have all or even more than we need.  Through asana, both relaxing and vigorous, we will quiet the external influences in our lives and seek to access the peace within us and open out hearts to gratitude. 

Just for fun, we'll focus on bird poses as an homage to the noble turkey who gives of himself so personally on Thanksgiving.  Namaste and hope to see you in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment